Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Random Thursday: My Fall TV Line-Up...(+2 more)

 
So this week's RT post is a 3-in-1. Y'all might have noticed my absence (at least, I hope you did) for the past two - I fully intended to pre-write them, but didn't have time before I went on vacation! So I'm making up for it by doing them now, along with this week's topic from Lin, Meg, and myself, which is:

My Fall TV Line-Up...


And because it's fun to be an asshole sometimes, I'm putting this week's alllllll the way at the bottom so you have to read the old ones to get to it. Yep, I'm a sadist. Hopefully you're dealing with some spare time!


Probably predictably, if you know me, this would be pretty much any book store. But Pulp Fiction on Main Street is probably my favourite. It's got a great selection of books, both new and used, a section of "new arrivals" so if you're like me and go there a lot you can just hit up what you haven't seen yet, and on sunny Friday afternoons the guys working there hang around chatting and drinking beer. The only thing that would make it better would be if they offered me one.

Here's what it looks like:
 Check them out online here.


Obviously I'm dying for season 3 of Sherlock to air. But there's another show coming up that I'm nearly as excited for:


It's based on a book (which I'm now reading) by Thomas Maier and I imagine it will be sort of like the movie Kinsey with Liam Neeson and Laura Linney. Which I loved. I'm fascinated by the topic - but also by how the pioneers in the field of sexology ended up studying the topic, particularly Virginia. Set in the 1940s, this is not a topic that was as openly discussed as it is today, nor was it something a "lady" was supposed to have an interest in, let alone a public one. On top of all that, I do like Michael Sheen (when he's not a vampire), so I'm hoping the acting will be top-notch.

And finally, on to this weeks (related) topic:

My Fall TV Line-Up...


Aside from this I'm looking forward to the return of many of my faves:

Bones 

Big Bang Theory 

Castle 

Criminal Minds 

Elementary

Blue Bloods

Nashville

Sons of Anarchy


Scandal


I'll also probably catch bits here and there of Once Upon A Time, Chicago Fire, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, The Carrie Diaries, The Mentalist, New Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Hawaii Five-0, The Good Wife, Homeland, How I Met Your Mother, Nikita, Grimm, Beauty and the Beast and The Vampire Diaries. Maybe. You never know. And I'll be looking out for the return of some British faves: Luther and Misfits.

Now that I look at that list, I'm realizing that there's NO way I'll have time for all of them! So we'll see which ones actually end up grabbing (and holding) my interest. What about you guys? Got any faves? Any I'm missing that are must-watch? Do tell!


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Bones, Castle and The Mentalist to start again! I haven't heard about Masters of Sex before but I will definitely check it out!
    And I love libraries, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...